Natural Holiday Martini Recipe
Let’s be honest… stuffing has gotten boring! We’ve decided to jazz up this classic Christmas staple with superfoods including pomegranate and goji berries. Not only are these additions “super”, but they add a festive pop of colour to this dish.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup wild rice
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1½ cups mushrooms, chopped (approximately 4 large, brown mushrooms)
- 2 cups kale leaves (stems removed), chopped
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dried figs, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- Dash sea salt
- Bring broth, sea salt, thyme and rosemary to a boil, add rice and return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat, covered for 10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking; sauté onions in 2 tablespoons coconut oil until tender, add mushrooms and kale, stir frequently until everything is sautéed.
- Transfer this mixture to bowl and set aside.
- Fluff rice with a fork then mix in onions, mushrooms and kale.
- Add in dried figs, hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds and goji berries.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly cover inside of casserole dish with remaining coconut oil.
- Add stuffing to casserole dish, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
- Top with a sprinkle of rosemary and thyme.
Link to Original: