Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Guilt-free cinnamon raisin bread exists! And it’s tasty too! This cinnamon raisin bread is very simple to make, is full of flavour and is surprisingly good for you. There’s 15g of protein and 14.5g of fiber in two slices, which makes this a perfect post-workout snack or complement to a healthy breakfast or lunch. This cinnamon raisin bread looks like a flatbread, so it’s not soft and squishy, but it’s perfect for dipping into nut butters or topping with nuts and seeds.
Prep Time: 10mins Makes: 6 slices
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line an 9×9 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. The consistency should be a bit thicker than pancake batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until sides begin to brown and the top is all cracked.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes before lifting out of the pan and cutting with a sharp knife.
Make it this way
For an extra healthy adventure, why not grind your own buckwheat flour? Soak hulled buckwheat groats in water for 15mins, rinse well and grind into a flour using either a food processor, high-speed blender or a 200-250 watt coffee grinder. It’s fresh, has no added fillers and is easy!
Get the Goods
|Chickpea flour||Fiber, protein, folate||High cholesterol, diabetes, pregnancy (prevention of birth defects)|
|Buckwheat flour||Magnesium, flavonoids, lignans||High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes|
|Raisins||Magnesium, potassium, fiber, oleanolic acid||High blood pressure, constipation, prevention of cavities|
|Shredded Coconut||Medium chain fatty acids, B vitamins, mineral||Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, obesity, immune support|
|Coconut Palm sugar||B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron||Low glycemic sugar, blood sugar control|
|Cinnamon (Celyon)||Essential oils, fiber, calcium||Diabetes, blood sugar control, poor digestion|
|Coconut Oil||Medium chain fatty acids||Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, obesity, immune support|
Try it with
Try this flatbread with your favourite nut butter or apple butter, topped with apple slices – Yum!